JULY 20/20 with MC Death Bear
Welcome to a new monthly feature here at the DOMESTIC Blog called 20/20! This is our way to get to know the Domestic contributors, Artists, Friends, Family and other people of interest.
We asked 20 questions and the answers must be 20 words or less. I love reading this kind of stuff on other blogs, so hopefully you will feel the same. As always, your comments are encouraged (good or bad)
Death Bear goes first because he submitted his answers before anyone else. (nice work son)
1. Who are you, where do you live, and what do you do?
MC DEATH BEAR, Upstate NY but I currently live in Alexandira VA, Street Artist, Graphic Artist, Flash animator
2. What is your favorite meal?
Shrimp Pad Thai, hands down! Stuff rocks my world
3. What is your favorite Hangover meal?
Pizza Bagels! Or whatever I happened to find in my buddy’s refrigerator haha
4. Do you collect anything?
I have all of the Hellboy and The Maxx comic books. Star Wars toys, All Boba Fett related things.
5. How do you relax, or what do you do in your downtime?
Cutting stencils, Playing Ms.Pac-man, Blogging, and talking crap on cage fighting forums ha.
6. Any new albums or artists that you’re digging right now?
HeavyW8bit ChampionChip. Who is this guy who makes 80’s WWF themed Chiptunes. Awesome right!?
7. Go hit shuffle on your ipod or itunes…what’s the first song that comes on?
Death from above 1979 remixes, or Dizzee Rascal
8. Do you have a musical guilty pleasure?
ABBA! When I was little my mom would blast ABBA when she was cleaning…I’ve been hooked ever since ha.
9. What albums would you like to have on a desert island?
A “how to build a boat” instructional on tape
10. What movies would you like to have on a desert island?
Predator, the Running Man, Big Trouble in Little China and Enemy Mine
11. Any favorite clothing brands?
I heard that Domestic Appeal projects is pretty good?!
12. Any clothing brands you think are way over rated?
Affliction and Ed Hardy haha, Man I can’t stand them or the kind of guys who wear them, Complete garbage.
13. Flat brim or curved brim?
14. What are your favorite places in the world?
Upstate NY in the Fall and I really really want to go to Japan
15. What magazines do you always read?
16. What projects are you currently working on?
New episodes of Purgatory Pizza, writing a new cartoon “Brain Eating Bastards” which is about zombies. And always new stencils.
17. Who would you like to play you in a movie about your life?
Macho Man Randy Savage, Kimbo Slice or a really well trained bear
18. Who or what inspires you?
Artists who get their name out there designing kid-robot toys, T-shirts, Skateboards, ect. I want that to be me.
19. How do you get around?
Walking, and the DC Metro…when it’s not crashing
20. What are your most prized possessions?
My Super Nintendo, I still have over like 40 games for it too ha.